photo header_abhaya_zps721a0d73.png

 photo nav_home_zpsfd56deeb.png photo nav_about_zps4d2fbda0.png photo nav_contact_zpsd0708482.png photo nav_partner_zps9b152967.png

8.03.2012

You Are Getting Very Sleepy >>

Hiya, guys! I'm very excited to be able to say that as of today, I am a contributing writer for DoYouYoga.com, a daily blog written by yogis for yogis. I'll be contributing bi-weekly articles there and participating as a part of their yoga expert community. Yay!

If you're a new reader who found your way here from DYY, welcome! Pour yourself a chai tea latte, kick off your shoes, and make yourself home!

The articles that I write there will probably be a little more yoga-practice oriented rather than the more yoga-lifestyle related content I write for this blog, but I'll summarize them here (and also add some stuff that maybe didn't fit with the original article) with a link to the posted article if you want to know more.

My first offering? 3 Yoga-Inspired Tricks to Help You Fall Asleep.

I don't know about you, but sometimes I have trouble sleeping. I personally don't have much trouble falling asleep, but more often I have trouble with waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to get back to sleep. Then, one bad night of sleep leads to another, because I put even more pressure on myself the next night to get a good night's sleep, which of course backfires on me. It sort of builds up into a vicious cycle of bad nights of sleep. The three tricks that I mention here are all things that have worked wonders for me in the past, and I regularly turn to in case I find myself staring at the ceiling at 4am. Check out the complete article on DYY to find out the details on how to do each technique.

1.> Be aware of your breath. Counted breathing can work wonders for slowing down both the body and the mind.

2.> Try Jin Shin Jyutsu finger holds. A friend from my yoga teacher training taught us this as a way to meditate, but I love using it to help me fall asleep. The reason I can't get back to sleep sometimes is usually because I start thinking about too many things, and I can't turn my mind off. This technique helps me sort my thoughts and organize my mind-clutter.

3.> Use visualization. This is another good one for helping you manage your mind. I go over a couple of visualizations that are good for relaxing and taking your mind off of whatever is keeping you up.

Pop over to DoYouYoga.com to learn more, and check out my article and the rest of their offerings! I hope these tricks help you if you have ever have trouble falling asleep.

Oh, and have a wonderfantastamazeballs weekend everyone! I'm off to pick up some friends from the airport, and then we're heading to Napa for some wine tasting. So excited!

shanti >> sondra

Get updates via: RSS * BLOGLOVIN' * FACEBOOK * TWITTER


3 comments:

  1. Marissa Moondaughter8/3/12, 8:55 AM

    Yay! Congrats lovely! Your article is amazing! I will have to try out these techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, that seems so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you know i have spent the last few 3am's trying to fall back asleep? Thanks for the tips, Sondra!

    ReplyDelete