photo header_abhaya_zps721a0d73.png

 photo nav_home_zpsfd56deeb.png photo nav_about_zps4d2fbda0.png photo nav_contact_zpsd0708482.png photo nav_partner_zps9b152967.png

11.23.2012

Like a >> Winter Pear

Holy man, did we feast yesterday! Our Thanksgiving was a smashing success, thanks to lots of hard work from our host. We had a slightly non-traditional Thanksgiving in that we had turkey pot pies instead of regular turkey, but they were AMAZING! So many delicious things. Lots of laughs, lots of wine, and lots of game playing was had.

I was put in charge of bringing a pre-dinner cocktail and an appetizer to snack on while we all waited for the main event. Both things ended up involving rosemary. This was perfect because not only is it seasonal and I love it, but we have a huge hedge of it out front.

Today I'll share the rosemary pear cocktails that I made. I had made one recipe that I found, but thought it was a little heavy, so I made some alterations and came up with these. They were SO GOOD.

For one cocktail >
In a shaker combine
> 2 tablespoons pear flavored vodka
> 1 tablespoon rosemary simple syrup
> 1/4 c. pear juice
> sprig of rosemary
> handful of ice

SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE
> pour over a glass of ice
> top with lemon sparkling water

ENJOY! Hopefully you like rosemary as much as I do, because I have some other ideas on how to use it that I am going to share here soon.
I have to work all day today, and in fact I work all weekend. If you are off, enjoy it for me, because I really wish I were staying home to clean, decorate for Christmas, and nest a bit.

shanti >> sondra

Get updates via: RSS * BLOGLOVIN' * FACEBOOK * TWITTER


1 comment:

  1. I am definitely gonna have to try this! They look yummy and pretty!

    ReplyDelete