photo header_abhaya_zps721a0d73.png

 photo nav_home_zpsfd56deeb.png photo nav_about_zps4d2fbda0.png photo nav_contact_zpsd0708482.png photo nav_partner_zps9b152967.png

2.21.2013

What to Wear >> Ladies Night

Back again, with the What to Wear series! This week we're tackling ladies night. I suppose ladies night could mean just about anything, from staying in to watch movies and drink wine, to a full on night on the town, so I would suit my attire accordingly. But, for the sake of argument, let's say it was a surprise what we were doing. In that case, I think this outfit could go pretty much any direction!
First off, I would like to apologize for the wretched state of these photos. Taking photos of yourself is really hard! Especially when you don't have a tripod (note to self: get a tripod). So, if you can look past the grainy and blurry no-goodness, you will see my new favorite pants. Well, new favorites as of yesterday. I snagged them on the clearance rack at Target for $8. They are suuuuuper comfortable, and I love the shade. I tell ya, I'm a sucker for trends. I can't help it. This whole neon thing going on right now? Plus colored pants? Totally diggin' it. And these have the benefit of being a bit on the lemony side, rather than the highlighter pen side of neon yellow. I am especially loving neon paired with neutrals (my favorite neutral being grey!).
And, lookee! I got my hairs cut! So much shorter now. I was having a delusion that I was growing it out, but I realized recently that all I did was put it up everyday. What's the point of that? So I whacked it off. It's a bit shorter than I envisioned, but that's okay, it'll grow. It's fun in the meantime, anyway! The other things I'm wearing are this strange/cool sweatshirt-y thing that buttons at the top, over a grey t-shirt. I topped it all off with my trusty Tom's. Someday I'll wear different shoes on here, promise! I'm just not much of a shoe junkie, usually I stick with a few pairs that work for lots of things. Oh, and Piko was watching me while I took these, and was too cute not to snap pics of.

Are you much of a trend follower, or do you shun them (you trendsetter, you)?

As always, check out the other ladies this week!


shanti >> sondra
jeans $8 << target
sweatshirt $14 << marshall's
t-shirt $9  << h&m
shoes $80 << tom's

16 comments:

  1. Love that wrap sweater, looks so cozy! and the shoes! For self photo's I'd say they turned out pretty darn good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. abhaya_sondra2/21/13, 5:42 PM

    Thanks! I HATE taking pics of myself, it takes 5x as long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. abhaya_sondra2/21/13, 5:42 PM

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. abhaya_sondra2/21/13, 5:42 PM

    don't bargains make everything better? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. abhaya_sondra2/21/13, 5:43 PM

    thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. abhaya_sondra2/21/13, 5:43 PM

    Thank you so much! Comfort is always king in my book. Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. abhaya_sondra2/21/13, 5:45 PM

    Yeah, I do enjoy thrifting, but my real skill is digging through clearance racks and knowing where the good deals are. Maybe I should do a tips post sometime! Hm, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute look! I love the bright colour of your trousers.

    x

    Lost in the Haze: A Fashion Photography Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. sweet pants!! I love your top too, very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your new haircut looks awesome, and those neon pants are the best! And for only $8?!!?! Lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Also, love the new look of the blog! Billie does great work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kimmie @ Sugar and Dots2/22/13, 10:10 PM

    Just stumbled upon your blog and I am smitten! I would absolutely jump for joy if you came over and said hi! We could totally be friends- loved this post. Also, I sound like a stalker FREAK, but I promise I'm pretty normal. Side note: Sometimes I break promises. Ha! XO

    ReplyDelete
  13. abhaya_sondra2/23/13, 6:48 PM

    I'm so glad you came by! Not stalkerish at all! That's the whole point of this blogging thing, amirite? And now I've discovered you and your adorable blog, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. abhaya_sondra2/23/13, 6:49 PM

    ermagosh, doesn't she?! I love it. It's one of the new templates she's offering!

    ReplyDelete
  15. abhaya_sondra2/23/13, 6:49 PM

    Thanks! I've had to stop myself from wearing it everyday this week, as it's my new favorite combo.

    ReplyDelete