photo header_abhaya_zps721a0d73.png

 photo nav_home_zpsfd56deeb.png photo nav_about_zps4d2fbda0.png photo nav_contact_zpsd0708482.png photo nav_partner_zps9b152967.png

4.17.2013

Fearlessness >> in Action

Confession time: I have spent a lot of my life living in fear, and living in the future. I have struggled with anxiety issues off and on throughout my 20s, and I know a lot of you have, too. I have obsessed over the what ifs, the what mights, and felt certain that many terrible things were potentially in store of me. I have let it get the very best of me, and it has definitely taken me down more than once, and for extended periods of time. But I have never felt as good as in the last year, since taking a year off from working, devoting myself to studying yoga, and really finding a new perspective -and way out of!- my own brain. That's not to say that I don't still have my moments some days, or that I won't ever go down that path again. But, I'm living in the moment a lot more these days, and these days are good. Very good. So when we came upon a leather maker, out on our day of tulip traipsing, who would custom design anything you wanted on a bracelet, I knew exactly what I wanted:
I named this blog for the Sanskrit word for fearlessness, because that is exactly how I want to live my life. Starting this blog was a big deal for me, talking about my anxiety issues is a big deal for me, and putting myself out there with people is a big deal. But these days, I'm doing all of it, and it feels amazing. I have reaped nothing but rewards for the little seeds I have sown, and it makes my heart feel so full. 

We all have our demons and the stories that we carry with us, but I am here to say, that you can definitely change your story. The ending isn't written yet, and you can choose your own adventure. I love that I can look down at my wrist and remind myself of that anytime now.

shanti >> sondra

Get updates via: RSS > BLOGLOVIN' > FACEBOOK


2 comments:

  1. This was perfect. I especially needed to read that last paragraph. Rockin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. summertime dreams6/7/14, 9:19 PM

    I've been away from blog land for about a year now. Life just got in the way. Just starting to catch up and wanted to let you know that you have another reader that this post resonates with. I'll keep reading forward but will add for now that I hope you're having an awesome summer this year!

    ReplyDelete